A Lateral Cephalogram (or Lat Ceph) is an x-ray taken of the side of the face with very precise positioning so that various measurements can be made to determine the current and future relationship of the top and bottom jaw (maxilla and mandible) and therefore assess the nature of a patient’s bite.
Uses Of Cephalogram
- In orthodontic diagnosis & treatment planning.
- In a classification of skeletal & dental abnormalities.
- In establishing facial types.
- In the evaluation of treatment results.
- In predicting growth-related changes & changes associated with surgical treatment.
- Valuable aid in research work involving the cranio dentofacial region.